Sunday, March 9, 2008

9. Whiten Teeth

I've been on a sort of oral health kick lately.  And then I giggle for saying 'oral'.  I went to the dentist on Tuesday and my gums still hurt.  I love when I receive medical attention and end up ailing more than before.  Awesome.  So I'm supposed to start flossing and using mouthwash and all that minty freshness.  Therefore, instead of my usual dentist-visit-follow-up-routine (rubbing my teeth with sugar) I'm actually trying to take better care of my pearly-ish whites.  


1. Rembrant White Strips- They did a decent job on my chompers.  They're definitely whiter, but not in a porcelain venire way, which is good.  I like these white strips because they're cheaper than most (19.99 or something), and they're thicker.  I hate those ones that are so thin they slide around on your teeth and you get that peroxide-y goo all over your mouth.  The ones I'm using are more like waxy mouth guards.  You could whiten your teeth while climbing the Agrocraig or Olmek's Temple.  I didn't really play sports as a kid.

2. Crest Whitening Rinse-  It came in a pack with another mouthwash.  I'm not a huge fan of mouthwash. What can I say; I like to swallow.  Where was I?  It's kind of gross, but you brush your teeth AFTER, so you can just scour your mouth as soon as you spit.

3. Brushing... my... teeth...- Ok, I did this.  Daily even.  But I wasn't doing it 'hard enough'.  Man, if I had a nickle... So, despite the fact that my dental hygienist tore apart my gum-line with her pointy stick, I have been brushing my teeth like they were going out of style.  That expression might not work here.  Mostly I've been brushing so hard to get the icky taste of Crest Whitening Rinse out of my mouth.

4. Listerine- Nothing feels better on bleeding gums than a mouth full of minty alcohol.  And the feeling only gets better with agitation.  Now, that's refreshing.

One last thing, remember when you were a little kid and the dentist would give you a choice of grainy toothpaste that they would sand blast onto your teeth?  The choice would usually be two cute kid-friendly flavors; Cherry or Bubble gum.  But, no matter which one you chose, the dentist would always grab the grainy toothpaste flavored EVIL.  I know I'm an adult now because the dentist doesnt give me choice anymore, they just go straight for the evil flavor. 

Minty Fresh.

0 comments: